Cyprus 2012!



So, this is officially my first blog and this is my first post! How exciting! I did intend on starting up a week ago, but a day before going away maybe wasn't the best idea. Anyway, I thought it would be nice if I shared my experience in gorgeous Cyprus!

The flight was relatively early, at around 9.00 AM, meaning we (in this case we meaning both me and my twin sister, I'll be blogging about her) were up at 6.30AM to catch a lift to the airport. Now, I'm not sure about you, but I'm not the best person in the mornings but surprisingly I managed it okay! I went into that airport thinking, "It's your holiday, cut off from home and have the best time" which is why I literally never used my phone whilst there, as I have all the time in the world at home to social network and communicate. Moving swiftly on, we boarded the plane and began our journey. At 4 hours, the flight was bearable and I had my loyal kindle & iPod by my side to keep me company, I got plenty of reading done to which I was very proud of myself! (yes, most of them were books aimed for children but I enjoyed them).


Now, to the main body of the holiday. The heat was unbearable to start with so lesson Number 1) Never wear skinny jeans on a flight to a hot country. It was dire! But obviously, as the week went on, I grew more accustomed to the heat and grew comfortable in wearing vests and shorts. Lesson Number 2) Never trust the Maid. We all nicknamed her Consuela (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3m1M4o9bU0) and I swear she stole a pair of shorts from my case. I'm still yet to sue the Hotel, but it's going to happen! Another point about the Hotel, it was certainly not 4 star. It was dirty, the doors wouldn't lock and the shower rail was broken. The rating must have been the Hotel a few kilometres away from us see photo above. We had to move rooms 3 times due to a larger family needing our room, but in exchange we were given an all inclusive voucher. Now, this saved us a lot of money and therefore meant we could have a few drinks before heading out!

I'm sure everyone thinks Ayia Napa is amazing and has the best nightlife, but honestly, I was not impressed. Everything was over hyped and so so expensive. We even got scammed into buying one drink (which cost me 8 euro! Theft!) and got various amounts of shots & fishbowls. Little did the waitress tell us that these 'shots' were pretty much watered down orange juice. I was not a happy bunny and vowed never to come back! That was until the beach festival. We all payed 50 euros for one ticket to see Chase & Status, Wretch 32, Miss Dynamite, Wiley and other acts perform at Kandi Beach in Napa. Now, I hate this type of music and immediately didn't want to go, but everyone else was going and I actually thought I could enjoy myself. Now...the beach was nice! Absolutely gorgeous and from a photography point of view I was in heaven! But, I loathed the music. Don't get me wrong I'm all ears for anything when it comes to music, but when it's grimey noise...you've lost me. To the point where me and best friend were singing Mumford & Sons at the top of our lungs! Oh how we laughed, surrounded by desperate girls and men who loved themselves a little too much *Cough* Joey Essex type *Cough* but at least we had a laugh.


But it wasn't all doom and gloom! The pool was lovely, just the right temperature with a bar slap bang in the middle. If that isn't perfection, I don't know what is. Although, being hammered and surrounded by water isn't the best idea so make that Lesson Number 3! I did spend most of my time by that pool, trying new cocktails (San Francisco was lush) and reading my kindle, thus catching a tan! Other days involved a day at the beach, the water park and general eating out. Overall, I was happy to be with my closest friends before we all go our separate ways and enter the big wide world of adulthood. I also managed to have a few heart-to-hearts whilst on the beach, to which I felt better about situations and the past.

Well, hope you enjoyed my insight into Cyrpus and I hope you take my lessons on board!



Comments

Popular Posts